Google Announces New Ads Feature But the SEO Community is Worried about it. And it has raised a serious bar for SEO purpose.
Google has regularly been updating its platform for advertisers. In yesterday’s grand event Google had a big marketing event, in which they announced loads of ads features to shoot, yesterday.
Here’re some of the glimpse and updates on it:
- Discovery ads: You have now the option to create a new Discover creative in Google Ads. Which will be shown within the Discover feed on Google mobile home page or Ios, Android Google app an on the mobile Youtube feed and in Gmail under the social and promotional tabs.
Here is an image of ads about to come up in mobile discover feed on Google’s mobile home page:
- Gallery ads: Advertisers has now the option to feature up to 8 images in gallery ads, Google new mobile search format.
Here is a screenshot of it.
- Showcasing Shopping ads, also adding personalize local inventory and better checkout processes.
- App deep linking: Google ads will henceforth be supporting app deep linking from Google search and other ads. Which also include a much better reporting from Google’s Firebase tools.
- Google has also redesigned its Google Shopping which will now include Google Express integration.
However, the SEO community is not quite happy with the announcements because this will push down the organic search results. Here’re some of the tweets from the community.
Too many ads will cover up the page and search results. We’ll have to see the outcome of the organic search results will bring.
— Rand Fishkin (@randfish) May 14, 2019
Unbelievable, yet believable.
— Itamar Blauer (@ItamarBlauer) May 14, 2019
Can't put 5 ads on the top, they've squeezed that dry.
They can't make it any harder to distinguish ads from organic. So the serp is probably close to peak optimization.
Now it's like where else can we go that has a ton of inventory w few ads. Mobile/chrome/youtube/maps/gmail
— Wil Reynolds (@wilreynolds) May 15, 2019
You can read more on Techmeme